Friday 9th September
Our first full week of a new school year has been a great success. Judging by the smiles and laughter coming from every classroom and yard, all the children have enjoyed getting to know their new teachers and classmates. There have been some wonderful plans put in place for new topics and learning, which you’ll hear much more about over the coming weeks. I’m sure there will be some early nights tonight (and that’s just the teachers).
Drop off and pick up
Please note that there will be no window for drop off and pick up from Monday. The school day will begin at 8.50 and end at 15.20. On Monday, our younger children will be able to access school from the top gate (Bryn Road). Thanks to those parents that have completed the online form indicating preferences. We will assume that those that haven’t completed the form will drop off and pick up from the bottom gate.
Top gate drop off
- Gate will be open at 8.40
- Pupils in Years 3 to 6 should enter school unaccompanied (unless with a younger sibling)
- Pupils in Years 3 to 6 should walk, unaccompanied, around the back of the school to line up on the yard.
- Pupils in Nursery to Year 2 should be accompanied by one adult and walk to the back entrance of their classrooms (On Monday, teachers will be on hand to support).
- A member of staff will welcome the children into class at 8.50.
Top gate pick up
- Gate will open at 15.10
- Please wait on the path outside your child’s classroom (same place as drop off)
- A member of of staff will hand pupils over to parents at 15.20.
Bottom gate drop off and pick up
- The system will remain the same other than the change of timings. Drop off 8.50, pick up 15.20.
We appreciate your support and patience as we fine tune these changes!
Working together as a whole school community has certainly helped us come through some tough times! Long may that team effort continue! As always, if you have any queries or concerns, don’t hesitate in getting in touch with us!
Have a great weekend!